Sunday 6 June 2010

sun,rain,cloud,sun,sun,cloud,wind, wellies,vest,bikini

Hello Lovely People and Morris Men,

As ever the weather is interesting, sun burnt shoulders (silly girl) and soaked through all in one day, Yippee! Cycling home and got caught in a shower, at least the herb plants I was carrying in my basket got a nice drink!
Went to Glastonbury today, climbed the Tor and nearly gone blown off the top it was so windy! The view was worth it. Walked back into town and got a restorative cup of tea and a scrumptious lemon muffin. I also found some lovely old fabric in a charity shop, which I think will look lovely turned into a patchwork quilt - now that's what I call upcycling.
Came home and decided to cook soup as the sun had gone in again. Lettuce, asparagus and stilton - looks like pondweed, but tastes yummy. Also roasted pepper and red lentil soup, that's tomorrow's lunch sorted. All thanks to my little bro who brings me home the end of day stuff that's nearly past it from the shop he works in.
I also made a bag using Tina's pattern, must learn to use a tape measure!! It will be good for knitting but not a lot else!
Nearly finished the squares for my 'Romany' blanket, will get back to it in a mo but thought I'd grab the pc before my darling teenagers come home and hog it.

While at Glastonbury I saw this and thought I'd share it with you 'Life is not about learning to survive the storms;it's about learning to dance in the rain'.
If you get the chance, go and see The Morris Men, great fun. Let's support these Great British Random Traditions.

Take Really Good Care of Yourself,
Amanda xx

No comments:

Post a Comment