Sunday 15 August 2010

Night glow and knitting wool!


Hi there lovely people - Moo here! It's been a very busy week and a lovely, lovely weekend. I'm very lucky because my weekends last three days every week ... on Friday Fi and the gorgeous twins visited and we went for a lovely walk to the park, through the village and to the shop for chocolate! (for the twins not us!!) We had to take William the bear with us and he rode the swings and slid down the slide ... and we all had a lovely time!
Friday afternoon I decided to give the sewing machine her first outing for a few days and made three lovely cushions in a gorgeous cream linen with a heart motif ... I've listed them on folksy.com so we're hoping someone will love them enough to give them a new home!
Yesterday Bella and I took Mother Bea to a craft fair at Maunsell Lock. Unfortunately the weather wasn't kind but we met some lovely people! After that a visit to the craft centre in our local garden centre, where we were introduced to some fabulous knitting yarns and ideas to use them! We all came away with a ball of wool and a plan to use it! Thank you to the lovely lady who showed us how to knit gorgeous ruffled and sparkly scarves!
Bella and I braved the weather yesterday to visit the Bristol International Balloon Fiesta for the night glow ... the weather meant none of the balloons were able to take off early in the evening, but later on after the sun had gone down and we'd kept warm with yummy hot chocolate, we were treated to a lovely music and light spectacle, followed by fireworks! I would thoroughly recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it yet!
Bella and I had to clamber our way back up through Ashton Court in the dark (with no lighting) to the car park. It was very wet and muddy as there had been a lot of rain throughout the day. Bella stayed very elegant and clean whilst I slipped and landed on my dignity in a large puddle of mud!! A sense of humour always helps in these situations!! We took a little while to find Scarlett O'Cara once we got to the top but spotted her from a distance because of the posters in both windows advertising our Craft Fair! What a relief!! Shame it took us an hour or so to get out of the car park, but it would have taken longer but for the lovely young man who let us into the traffic queue!!
I am amazed that Bella was able to stay away long enough to drive us home, as I was no use nor ornament by that time! But she did and we finally drove into our little village just after 1am! Early nights for us tonight I think!
I've had a lovely chilling day today, knitting myself a sparkly scarf!! Watch out family and friends - you may all be getting them for Christmas!!
Bye for now and remember to Live, Laugh and Love!
Tina xx

No comments:

Post a Comment