Sunday 25 July 2010

Perfect Sunday afternoon!

Hello lovely people - Amanda and I have just spent a perfect (if windy!) afternoon at Halswell House in beautiful Somerset. We drank tea and ate cupcakes sitting on the lawn listening to the jazz band. It was gorgeous! We did resist the lure of the Pimms & Champagne tent as we both had to drive today, but spent a couple of blissful hours wandering amongst the 20 or so stalls selling gorgeous goodies, stopping to chat here and there with fellow crafters!
We twice missed the start of a tour of the house by the resident ghost, so had to content ourselves with staying out in the sunshine, watching lots of small children learning the complicated game of croquet and riding in Victoria swingboats!
Back to reality with a bump tomorrow, as I am returning to work! I haven't done half the things I had planned, or half the crafting! Never mind, I'll have to have a spurt this week to catch up! I do feel very chilled though ... the week off gave me time to stop and enjoy life - to appreciate where I live and how lucky I am!
Hope you all have a lovely week!
Tina xx

No comments:

Post a Comment